PTA (Parent-Teacher Association) is a national organization which:
- Is the oldest child advocacy organization in the U.S.
- Has been going strong for over 100 years
- Monitors legislation which affects our children
- Provides grants for continuing education for teachers
What does PTA support at Murwood?
- Classroom Supplies
- Computers & Other Technology Equipment
- Science Fair
- Soul Shoppe/Character Education
- PE Equipment & Library Books
- Family Fun Nights
- Emergency Preparedness
- And Much More!
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.
2050 Vanderslice Ave
Walnut Creek, California 94596
Phone: (925) 943-2462